How to Wear All White with Sass and Style
Wearing white, especially all white requires a little extra effort. Not all of us feel comfortable wearing uninterrupted white as many refer to it. If you asked my husband he would tell you that I have on a white dress in the photo below. It is, but it isn’t.
When a client of mine recently asked me to help her look for something to wear to an event where everyone would be wearing ALL white it made me realize that I didn’t have a dress in my wardrobe that would fit into that category. So the search began. I also came up with a few details about what I would do when wearing all white to an event. This is the perfect time of year to find that perfect white dress to keep in your closet because many are on sale. You just never know when you will get an invitation that calls for it and then you will be scrambling.
Things to Keep in Mind When Shopping for White
- Check out the fabric to make sure that you can’t see thru it. If you’re trying on in a store or at home in your closet, you may want to take it outside and hold it up to make sure. Look for garments that are lined if at all possible.
- Do your best to avoid clingy fabric. White and clingy just do not go together.
- Match your undergarments to your skin tone. Keep them simple and no lace. You want people to focus on you not what’s under your dress. If your dress isn’t lined don’t forget about a slip. Yes, they still make those things. The other option is shorts that will act like a slip.
- Your shoe choice will depend upon the occasion. If you are to wear uninterrupted white, then white shoes. If it is just a white outfit, then match your shoes to your skin tone so it doesn’t detract from the beauty of your dress or suit.
Wearing White – Getting Dressed
- Can’t forget about our makeup and perfume. When wearing white it is recommended to put your perfume on BEFORE you dress so that it doesn’t stain the fabric. When it comes to makeup you can do it before, but I would highly recommend one of these bonnets. Yes, I know it looks like something your Mother had; however, these things are so worth having around. I use mine when I know that I have worn something that just needs a little refreshing and not laundering/dry cleaning. That way I don’t get any makeup on it. This spray is one of my Closet Must Haves which you can read about here.
- Tide Stain Remover pin that will fit in a small handbag. If you are anything like me, these are handy to have around when wearing white. Seems no matter how careful I am something always ends up on me where it shouldn’t be. Here’s a good article on how to get stains out of your whites.
- Keep your white outfits rather simple. Classic, clean lines that will work for years to come and then pop it with accessories that match your personality.
Accessories and Shoes
When wearing all white you accessories and shoes are part of the equation. When it came to handbags, it was not an easy thing for me to find. I would suggest looking for vintage handbags on places like eBay or Etsy from time to time. Years ago women loved matching their pocketbooks and shoes.
Now when it comes to white shoes for an event especially an outdoor event make sure that they are comfortable. My favorite shoe designer for that is Sarah Flint. Classic shoes that you will be able to incorporate into your wardrobe and not just to pull out when you are wearing white from head to toe. You can use my brand ambassador code SARAHFLINT-BABETHF for $50 off your purchase. Her pumps and block heeled shoes come in three different heel heights so you can truly find one that is the best fit for you and your feet.
Earring are a great way to let your personality shine thru when wearing white from head to toe. I found some good ones that go from conservative to fun.
Now for the fun part. Finding the perfect all white dress for your event. Hope this has helped you get ready for a fun outing. Hopefully you will feel confident dressed in white from head to toe.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the internet reading this post. It means the world to me. I hope this helps you with feeling sassy and confident the next time you choose to wear white from head to toe.
Remeber to always have a little SASs in your day.
The text that is underlined and shows up in a different color is usually a link to another blog post that I have written, another site, or a product. The links to a product are affiliate links. What that means is that if you click on a link to a product and make a purchase, Sassy for Short (a.k.a Beth) get a small commission at no extra cost to you. The same goes if you click on any of the pictures to get more information about a product. I really appreciate you supporting the brands that make it possible for me to keep this blog going!