Updated on February 14, 2023.
Small feet and instant gratification shoe shopping are just not synonymous. At least not for me and many others out there with petite feet.
Very rarely do I get to walk into a store, ask to see a shoe in my size, and then get to try it on. Usually they will bring out at least 1 whole size larger than the US size 5 that I wear. Oh, the other thing is that small sized shoes and affordable shoes also don’t seem to go together.
I can understand that designers/manufacturers choose not to make many pairs in the small sizes (under size 7); however, there are many petite women out there. So many brands start at US size 6. Usually when you are petite you also have petite feet.
Before we dive into the where to shop for small feet you may also want to check out these posts that I have written about small feet.
- The Best Shoes Styles to Wear if You Are Petite
- Best Boots for Petites: How to Find THE Ones for Your Short Legs
Shoes are a component that completes a fashion look from head to toe. Shoes can make or break an outfit. You can keep the shoes “quiet” so that they just help blend everything together or they can be your statement piece for the look. They really do let us express ourselves. Many times shoes can be quite the investment so we need to keep them looking their best so that we can get many years of wear out of them. This article will help you with keeping your shoes looking their best.
Best Way to Shop for Small Feet
Thank goodness for online shopping. I really don’t know what women with petite feet did before all of the amazing websites. As a child I remember my mother having very few pairs of shoes due to the fact that she wore a US 5.5 AA or AAA.
Find a store in your area that actually carries small sizes. There are a couple of stores here in the metro Atlanta area that do carry small sizes. Not many, but a few styles will be available in size 5 if you get there the day the shipment comes in. If you go mid season or end of season, forget it. They are long gone.
The two stores that sometimes give me that instant gratification on a shoe shopping mission are Marmi and Stuart Weitzman. If you are local and prefer to shop in store, then I would recommend getting to know someone at each of these stores so that they can call you when they get their new arrivals.
Best Online Sites for Small Feet Shopping
Yes, the scrolling and clicking the Pay Now button are probably the most efficient way to find the best selection of shoes when you have small feet. I have rounded up a list of my favorite online stores that bring joy into my shoes collection on a regular basis.
Nordstrom has long been known for their extended shoe sizing. From moderately priced brands to the best of the best designer brands you will be able to find what you are looking for on this website. You just have to get their filters down pat and you are good to go.
My top picks from the retailer
- This is where I normally buy my On Cloud sneakers.
- Aquatailia waterproof boots are a winter staple for me. Remeber to shop early in the season for them.
Zappos: Known for their selection and 2 day shipping. What more can you ask for when looking for small sizes. Their filters are great so you can easily narrow down your searches and find exactly what you are looking for.
Favorite Picks From The Retailer
- Kate Spade always has fun colorful shoes especially for summer.
- SJP by Sarah Jessica Parker always has a fun heel when you want a statement shoe.
Stuart Weitzman: Stuart Weitzman shoe are not inexpensive, but they are very well made and comfortable. They start at a size 4 which is AMAZING. Luckily, I live near a store where I can go and actually see the shoes. Sometimes I even get lucky and they have my size in stock.
Classics I Like From This Retailer
- You can always count on this brand to have great summer sandals.
- Boots by this designer are always a good investment. They will last you for many cold weather seasons.
Marmi: This company is known for carry not only extended sizes, but for carrying narrow and wide sizes. They also have many stores scattered throughout the U.S. Use code SAS10 for 10% off your order.
My Favorites From Them
- Athleisure shoes from are so comfortable. Some of e styles that I really like are the Yolen, the Qerene, and the Yakin.
- The Vaneli Horus, Cattee, and Meriza are some of my very favorite sandal styles that go with everything all summer long.
American Female Designers That I Love To Wear and Always Make Shoes for Small Feet
Sarah Flint: A young American designer who only sells her shoes online and thru pop up shops throughout the United States.. She is know in the industry for high quality, well made shoes that are extremely comfortable. I have been wearing her shoes for years and am a Brand Ambassador for her company. If you find a pair of shoes you would like to add to your closet from the site, please use my code SARAHFLINT-BABETHF for $50 off your first purchase. She starts all designs at a size 5, some are also available as small as size 4.
My Favorite Styles From Sarah
- The Natalie flats are on repeat almost all year long. I actually have them in multiple colors. The Saddle Vachetta was my first pair of shoes by Sarah and my most worn.
- Perfect Pump 85. The pump that you will love to wear. Such classic lines that this shoe will never go out of style. I’m almost embarassed to say how many colors I own.
Loeffler Randall: A young American designer who has a shop in New York City and a great online presence. Her creative designs are made in small batches. I love her sandals in the summer. She always has fun, comfortable designs.
Favorite Styles from this Designer
- Signature pleats. This pleated fabric design can be spotted and people know right away it is a Loeffler Randall design. Personally the Penny is my favorite style. This style is availabe in multiple heel heights which is a great option.
- The Isla boot is so so so good and so comfortable. A perfect boot for small feet in my opinion. I have them in the tan and honestly would wear them in every color.
Margaux: Designed in New York by Saraha and Alexa and made in Spain. The motto for this shoe brand is all about the modern woman……..”wear everywhere shoes, that keep us compfortable on our feet, no matter where the day takes us”. Their shoes are available in US size 3 to 14 and come in 3 widths. Now what more could a woman ask for.
My Favorite Styles From This Designer
- The Point and the Ballet Mule are perfect designs for a small foot. Classic lines and just enough of a pointed toe that helps elongate the foot without scrunching the toes.
- The Penny is a beautifully styled loafer for small feet. Love that it comes in so many colors.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this post. I hope that I was able to point you in the right direction for some good shoe shopping. All of these stores and brands carry small sizes. That is why they are near and dear to my shoe loving heart. If you are lucky enough not to have “special needs” when it comes to shoe shopping then you should be able to find plenty of shoes for your feet through any of them. I’m including some of my favorites that are available now at each of these destinations for your shopping pleasure.
The text that is underlined and shows up in a different color is usually a link to another blog post that I have written, another site, or a product. The links to a product are affiliate links. What that means is that if you click on a link to a product and make a purchase, Sassy for Short (a.k.a Beth) gets a small commission at no extra cost to you. The same goes if you click on any of the pictures to get more information about a product. I really appreciate you supporting the brands that make it possible for me to keep this blog going!