Daily hydration is so important every day of the year, but especially in the summer. For the last several years, I trained with a fitness/nutrition guru of sorts. He taught me the importance of staying hydrated and measuring the intake of my fluids.
Here is a great article on water intake. https://www.slenderkitchen.com/article/how-to-calculate-how-much-water-you-should-drink-a-day It is very similar to the guidelines that I have followed.
My daily hydration station is something that I set up every morning before I go to the gym. And yes, I usually go to the gym 5-6 days a week. One of those days is yoga day and then I have one day of total rest. On yoga day and rest day I don’t drink quite as much, but still get in a good bit of hydration.
Here are the things that I make every workout day as part of the hydration station.
- A big pitcher of water, usually 96 ounces, is the first thing on the list. To make it a little more interesting I vary the fruits that I put in the water. My favorite is Meyer lemon when in season. Other things are lemon, lime, mint, cucumber.
- After having a glass of plain water when I first get up, I mix up a combination of powdered fruits and greens, lemon juice, Himilayan sea salt and electrolytes with 16 ounces of water. I drink half of this right away and save the rest for when I get home from the gym or yoga. It is an instant pick me up.
- Water mixed with BCAAs for during my workout are in the red hydroflask bottle. Honestly, in the summer I end up adding water to the bottle at the gym.
- The shaker bottle is a mix of water, protein powder and either grapefruit juice or coconut water for a post workout pick me up. I keep this one in the car in a cooler to put some pep back in my step.
- Yes, I do add just a little caffeine into my daily intake. In the summer I make myself 30ounces of iced tea out of white or green tea bags. Oh so refreshing. In the winter I tend to sip on hot green tea or herbal tea.
If you struggle with taking in enough fluids for your goals, I hope this helps. Please comment or email me if you have any questions about the products I use to get my daily dose of hydration.